Join Mims Blog to Research “20 Things A Mom Should Tell Her Son”
I often think can someone just had me the book or list of things that are the MOST important to teach my children. As you know there is no such list or book out there as to the perfect way to raise our children but often we come across resources that help us along or journey.
Recently I saw this list of 20 Things a mom should tell her son posted on Facebook. This list is not the perfect how to raise a son list but it definitely is a keeper list of things we as moms can begin to use along our journey of raising our sons.
Do you have one to add to the list – leave us a comment and share what is important to you to tell your son or even daughter.
1. Play a sport.
It will teach you how to win honorably,
lose gracefully, respect authority,
work with others, manage your time
and stay out of trouble.
And maybe even throw or catch.
2. You will set the tone
for the sexual relationship,
so don’t take something away from her
that you can’t give back.
3. Use careful aim when you pee.
Somebody’s got to clean that up, you know.
4. Save money when you’re young
because you’re going to need it someday.
5. Allow me to introduce you
to the dishwasher, oven,
washing machine, iron,
vacuum, mop and broom.
Now please go use them.
6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.
7. Don’t ever be a bully
and don’t ever start a fight,
but if some idiot clocks you,
please defend yourself.
8. Your knowledge and education is something
that nobody can take away from you.
9. Treat women kindly.
Forever is a long time to live alone
and it’s even longer to live with somebody
who hates your guts.
10. Take pride in your appearance.
11. Be strong and tender at the same time.
12. A woman can do everything that you can do.
This includes her having a successful career
and you changing diapers at 3 A.M.
Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
13. “Yes ma’am” and “yes sir”
still go a long way.
14. The reason that they’re called “private parts”
is because they’re “private”.
Please do not scratch them in public.
15. Peer pressure is a scary thing.
Be a good leader and others will follow.
16. Bringing her flowers for no reason
is always a good idea.
17. It is better to be kind
than to be right.
18. A sense of humor
goes a long way
in the healing process.
19. Please choose your spouse wisely.
My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me
spending time with you and my grandchildren.
20. Remember to call your mother
because I might be missing you.
Keyword: 20 Things A Mom Should Tell Her Son