I can tell you from firsthand experience that choosing a nursing sports bra used to SUCK because the selection was so poor. Luckily, things have changed in recent years, and manufacturers realized that many new moms still enjoy staying active and need bras that work for them. Nursing breasts are hardworking and need support not to mention easy and frequent access.
- 1 When Desperate Times Call for a DIY Method
- 2 Nursing Sports Bras – Here are 7 of the Best Nursing Sports Bra Options!
- 2.1 Caden Shae Maternity Nursing Sports Bra- A Rookie Mom Tested Choice
- 2.2 Kindred Bravely- Best Budget Nursing Sports Bra
- 2.3 Enlite Bra- A Lululemon Nursing Sports Bra
- 2.4 La Leche League International- Most Comfortable Option
- 2.5 Sports Bra from Cake- Best High Impact Nursing Sports Bra
- 2.6 Moving Comfort Fiona Bra- Best Regular Sports Bra You Can Nurse In
- 2.7 Wacoal’s Nursing Sports Bra- Great Wire-Free Option
- 2.8 Share this:
- 2.9 Related
When Desperate Times Call for a DIY Method
- Support. I’ve doubled up on sports bras to increase support and decrease the pain of bouncing, but that makes it nearly impossible (think: ripping off duct tape!) to breastfeed a child before or after a class.
- Access. I’ve worn standard nursing bras or other makeshift contraptions to make feeding easier only to find myself ummm… errr… holding myself while running. Not practical or comfortable.
Nursing Sports Bras – Here are 7 of the Best Nursing Sports Bra Options!
Caden Shae Maternity Nursing Sports Bra- A Rookie Mom Tested Choice
Gabriela, from our Rookie Mom Squad, tried out the Caden Shea Maternity Nursing Sports Bra and adored it! Here’s what she had to say:
“The Caden Shae maternity nursing sports bra is the ultimate bra for any active mom. The breathable material and adjustable straps allow for ultimate comfort. The medium support of this bra is perfect and gives the needed support without the inconvenient feeling of underwire bras. The different style of bras gives each mom the option to choose the bra that best fits their needs.”
Check it this sports nursing bra here!
Kindred Bravely- Best Budget Nursing Sports Bra
- Kindred Bravely has come out with a reasonably priced sports bra that is getting rave reviews. This nursing workout bra is amazing for activities like walking, pilates, barre, hiking, yoga, and other light impact activities. It is made of breathable, sweat-wicking material that will keep you comfortable and dry throughout your workout.
- Even at this amazing price, it has our favorite sports bra nursing feature; clip down access. This makes it a great pumping bra also. Check it out here!
Enlite Bra- A Lululemon Nursing Sports Bra
You don’t have to give up your love of Lululemon just because you’re a nursing mom! The Enlite Bra is smooth and offers great support. We vote it as the best nursing sports bra for running, and that is exactly what it was designed for. Although it isn’t intended to be a nursing bra, the zip front makes it easy to use it as one.
Check it out here!
La Leche League International- Most Comfortable Option
This is the
best nursing sports bra for the “maybe I’ll get back to the gym or jog when I walk the baby, or maybe not” folks. You can use this both as a sports bra or simply your everyday nursing bra. Since it comes in at a price point of $20 t0 $35, it is definitely worth trying out.
This breastfeeding sports bra is available on Amazon in many colors, check it out!
Sports Bra from Cake- Best High Impact Nursing Sports Bra
This bra was designed to be supportive and cute with a snap feeding clip for ease of dropping the cups just like your normal nursing bras. I haven’t tried this one, but I loved my other CAKE nursing bras and would feel comfortable recommending it.
If you do order it, make sure to do the jumping jack test before removing the tags to ensure you’re getting enough support. This is the best nursing sports bra high impact comfort test!
It is available on Amazon and you can pair it with these matching sporty boy shorts. About $40 to $80 so make sure it fits right!
Moving Comfort Fiona Bra- Best Regular Sports Bra You Can Nurse In
While not designed to be one of these nursing or maternity bras, the Fiona gets the job done. It was created by the sports bra wizards at Moving Comfort. It is truly a great as a sports bra but a bit awkward for feeding (that’s kind of the trade-off you’re facing here in general). I love that it has a velcro adjuster to hook up support or let out your breasts for nursing.
I had a Fiona bra during a brief but glorious Crossfit phase and loved it. However, this bra won’t make for easy nursing while out and about. You’ll never get the puppies put away, especially with one hand.
It is available on Amazon in many colors! From $10 to $50. For mamas with larger breasts, I recommend checking out the Juno which is very similar.
Wacoal’s Nursing Sports Bra- Great Wire-Free Option
Newest maternity sports bra on the block: Wacoal’s Nursing Sports Bra, of which we received a sample in order to write a sponsored post. Looks great and has the traditional one-handed closure for access to boobs. It comes in sizes up to 38G, but no A or B cups; it starts at C.
If you’re not ready to break a sweat, I recommend checking out my very strong opinions about nursing bras based on my 50+ months of experience to help you find the perfect fit!
Disclosure: I received no compensation or bras for sharing my opinions with you. However, I will get a few cents if you buy through Amazon.
Keyword: 7 Super Great Options for a Nursing Sports Bra (Plus, one that’s awful)