Join Mimsblog to find out the article “9 Children’s books that will make you cry”
Parents, I’m talking to YOU here. Your children will love the sweet stories and pictures but you will be choking back the tears before you finish reading these bedtime books. Even though I hadn’t heard of some of these before our beautiful and wise Facebook community shared them, I was crying putting together this post.Â
Whitney may have laughed at me for crying, but I dare her to read these books with dry eyes:
- Corduroy. The book that started this idea for me. I heard our badass morning DJ talking about choking back tears while reading this to his own baby daughter. It’s all in the looks.
- On the Night You Were Born. Our reader’s top pick and I’ve never even heard of it. What is wrong with me? I cried just thinking about that. Seriously, anything by Nancy Tillman has our readers sniffing through storytime.
Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You. Another top reader choice, just the amazon landing page had me welling up with emotion.
- You Are My I Love You. I received this book as a baby shower gift and it takes stamina to finish without fogging up my glasses, especially with a squirmy infant in my lap.
- Love You Forever. My own mother must have read this one to me, because I have the refrain in my brain and I know we don’t have a copy.
- The Giving Tree. I think this one gets harder to read as my own children get older. How dare they?
- The Little House. The story of a little country house that gets engulfed by the city chokes me up on the last pages… just when I think I’ve made it through.
- Hachiko. If it makes Sunny cry, then I want to read it. The story of a loyal dog.
- If I Could Keep You LittleÂ is another well-loved parentÂ favorite that I have to check out.
I started to type up poignant excerpts from each but I don’t want to get in any copyright trouble with these sensitive authors, so go have a click on the links above.
Did I miss your favorite crying-at-bedtime book?
Keyword: 9 Children’s books that will make you cry