Join Mims Blog to Research ”
Eco-Friendly Flooring Product ”
The floor is the base and foundation of the house. It should be durable, smooth, virtuous and strong enough to bear the loads coming over it. Flooring is the process of providing the desired floor and there are many kinds of flooring available.
Some people prefer eco-friendly flooring. The options they get include
- Glass Tiles
Components of Floor:
The floor comprises two main components;
The base of the floor is the main component. It should provide a strong and unsinkable surface to the floor covering. Firstly, the soil for the base is filled and ramped properly. Next comes the broken bricks which are filled to provide a strong base. Finally, the base is covered with cement concrete to provide a perfect base for floor covering. For the first and second floors, the roof slab itself acts as the floor base.
Bamboo flooring is known to be substantially harder than other wood floors. You can also check this site for ambient flooring.
The floor covering provides strength, elegance, and durability to the floor. Different types of material are used for floorings such as tiles, marbles, and mosaic. There are several factors on which the selection of the floor covering depends. Most commonly cement concrete flooring is used.
Factors affecting floor covering:
- The floor covering plays a major role in giving a pleasing appearance to the house. Therefore, such floor covering should be selected that provide a color effect in conformity with the use of rooms.
- The floor covering should not produce unbearable noise when used.
- The floor covering should be strong enough to resist wear and tear.
- The floor covering should be safe for the children and old aged people, it should not be much slippery.
- It should be cost-effective.
- The maintenance of the floor should be pocket friendly.
- The floor should be fireproof and thermally insulated.
- Floor covering should be effectively cleanable.
Types of Flooring:
- LVT flooring is for bathrooms, basements, kitchens and laundry rooms. It can be used anywhere in the home.
- Engineered Tile Flooring.
- Rigid Core Flooring. …
- Vinyl Sheet Flooring. …
- Vinyl Tile
Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring:
These floors are made by weaving and compressing the strands of bamboo. The compression is carried out under extreme heat and pressure. This compression provides a floor that is many times harder than the hardwood. Because of their hardness and durability, they are preferred in houses with children and pets. It is considered more affordable and eco-friendly than most hardwoods.
As the name indicates these floorings are made of the woods gained from the eucalyptus tree. These floorings have become much more common nowadays. Eucalyptus flooring is prepared by the compression method which provides patterns and marbling that create beautiful and distinct patterns on the floor. Affordability is a very big plus point for eucalyptus flooring.
Engineered Bamboo Flooring:
It consists of the layer of solid strand woven bamboo laminated to the core of either multi eucalyptus plywood or high-density fiberboard. They are installed by floating methods because they have higher stability than solid floors. These floorings are preferred because of their ease of installation.
Eco-Friendly Flooring Product