When you have a 7-month old baby, the day can feel wobbly and slow. A game of peekaboo that elicits gummy smiles feels like the most amazing thing ever, and then the clock shows that only 45 seconds have gone by and you still have hours more of the day to entertain that little one. So, we at rookie moms are here to help you with a loft of activities for 7-month-old baby.
Here’s a list for moms of activities for a 7 month-old baby.
- Set baby up as a prop for a series of “Bad Parenting” photos. Make your baby drive the car — or place a glass of wine on the Exersaucer, perhaps?
- Write a note to yourself to read in four days. Be honest. No one else will read it.
- Show your baby how you can blow bubbles with a straw (Did you wake up at 5:50 am? It’s now 5:52. But really, if your baby laughs, you can do this throughout the day.)
- Take a sensory tour around the neighborhood. You might need about 30 minutes per city block so plan accordingly.
- Teach and practice baby sign language. Now you can have a real conversation.
- Make baby-friendly guacamole and eat it together. Here’s how >
- Plan and execute a car nap, then listen to a podcast while you clean your dashboard with wipes. Feel bad for your mom; she didn’t have Snap Judgement or The Moth.
- Scour Baby Cheapskate for deals.
- Introduce your baby to Tupperware. Rearrange your cabinets so that baby has a drawer to rummage through.
- Pretend your baby is your personal trainer, coaching you to clean the house. Reassure him that you’re giving it your all as you run around for a set number of minutes.
- Feed your baby outdoors. Unless it’s 40 degrees and your baby eats only from your boobs. In that case, revisit this in a couple months.
- Take a photo of your baby eating his feet. This is a limited-time skill.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get weekly updates for rookie moms.
Keyword: Fun things to do with a 7-month old