Join Mims Blog to Research ”
Relax and Unwind: How to Make the Perfect DIY Bath Bombs ”
Everyone knows that taking a bath is a great way to relax. But what if you could make it more exciting and colorful? That’s where bath bombs come in.
These little spheres fit in the palm of your hand and instantly begin to fizz once it hits the water. It releases a pleasant smell and fills your bath water with a pop of color.
If you don’t feel like running to the store, you can always make your own! We’ll explain how to make your own DIY bath bombs in this guide.
Let’s get started.
Gather the Ingredients
The first thing you need to do is gather all the materials and ingredients.
Some of the ingredients are easy to find, like baking soda. Others, like citric acid, are trickier. Citric acid is the key to a perfect bath bomb, and you can easily find it online.
Take a look at everything you’ll need to get:
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- 3/4 tsp water
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp essential oil
- Food coloring
- A mold of your choice
That’s it! Feel free to use whichever essential oil you prefer. Lavender and eucalyptus are great for relaxation.
For the oil, you can use almond, jojoba, coconut, olive, or baby oil. The mold can be regular muffin tins or candy pans. If you’re really committed, you can find round plastic molds made specifically for bath bombs.
Make Your Bath Bomb
Now that you’ve gathered everything you need, it’s time to make the bath bombs.
- Start by mixing all of the dry ingredients, except the citric acid, in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour all of the liquid ingredients in a jar with a top. Close the jar and give it a good shake.
- Combine the liquid mixture with the bowl of dry ingredients, and use your hands to meld everything together.
- Add the citric acid—it’s normal for it to start fizzing!
- Grab your mold and mash the mixture in there.
- Make sure you use a spoon to press the mixture in as tightly as possible.
- Loosen the bombs from their molds onto wax paper and let them dry for a day or two before using them.
- Add it to a hot bath after a long week and let your worries wash away.
That’s how simple it is to make your own homemade bath bombs. Feel free to add personal touches like dried flowers or sugar cake decorations. If you enjoyed making bath bombs, there are plenty of other crafting project ideas to check out.
The Perfect DIY Bath Bombs
There is something so satisfying about taking the time to treat yourself. It’s especially rewarding when you craft your own self-care goodies.
The best part about these DIY bath bombs, besides how easy it is to make them, is that they’re a great gift! What’s better than a handmade present that brings peace and relaxation?
Loved this article and looking for more? Be sure to check out the travel and home living section of our blog!
Relax and Unwind: How to Make the Perfect DIY Bath Bombs