Join Mims Blog to Research “Taste of Universal – Universal Studios Hollywood”
Universal Studios Hollywood is hosting a foodie event and we could not be more excited! Having been closed for nearly a year, I cannot imagine a more fitting way to bring families back to the park than to experience the culinary side of Universal Studios Hollywood. Taste of Universal is a limited-time weekend outdoor dining and shopping experience that will give families the opportunity to experience some of the best food and drink items from the park.
Taste of Universal
For the first time in nearly a year, Universal Studios Hollywood is inviting guests to experience a Taste of Universal. Admission starts at $44 for adults and $25 for kids and includes a selection of tastings from over 70 food and beverage options.
Here is what you can expect at a Taste of Universal:
- Get a first look at the new The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash Attraction Shop, The Pets Store. Families can shop for their favorite The Secret Life of Pets themed items.
- Dine at the new Minion Cafe, which features Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Meatballs, Chicken & Bacon Mac and Cheese, and Nutella Banana pudding.
- Enjoy your favorite eats and treats at Springfield, U.S.A. including Krusty Burger, Suds McDuff’s Hot Dog House, the Lard Lad Donut Cart and Kwik-E-Mart.
- Stroll through Stroll through Hogsmeade village inside The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Shop at Honeydukes, Ollivanders, Owl Post, Zonko’s Joke Shop, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, Dervish and Banges, Gladrags Wizardwear and Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods. Grab a cup of Butterbeer or stay for a bit and sit down at Three Broomsticks for Fish & Chips and Sticky Toffee Pudding.
- Indulge your foodie cravings at Hollywood & Dine. Here you’ll find authentic Mexican fare at Cocina Mexicana including Queso Street Tacos, Loaded Nachos topped with choice of Tinga or Carnita & Birria, Tortilla Cut Chips with Guacamole, Chili Relleno and Elote Corn on the cobb with Lime Crema. You can also find comfort foods such as Hot Chicken Sandwich, Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bowl, Personal Pizza with choice of pepperoni or cheese, Brisket Sliders with Caramelized Onions, Korean Hot Dog, and mini funnel cake. Looking for a grab and go treat? Visit the City Snack Shop for the quintessential NYC Giant Pretzel, Spicy Pomegranate Glazed Turkey Leg, and the debut of the Crepewich, which features sweet (Banana and Nutella, or Strawberry Chocolate) and savory (club or Spinach and Berry vegetarian) temptations.
- Take a physically distanced photo with some of your favorite characters.
- Extend your day with additional shopping and dining at Universal CityWalk.
Eats and Treats at Universal Studios Hollywood
Taste of Universal will feature 70 culinary options, 30 of which are brand new! Adult admission includes five tastings, kids can choose three tastings. Vegan and Vegetarian options will be available. Full menus can be accessed online at UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. Here is a selection of the culinary offerings available during Taste of Universal.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Families can be reassured that Universal Studios Hollywood is working closely with health officials to ensure a safe environment during Taste of Universal. Here is what you can expect at Universal Studios Hollywood:
- Temperature checks are required for for all guests upon arrival. If temperatures exceed 100.4° Fahrenheit / 38° Celsius or greater, guests will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings are required for all guests throughout their visit. Face coverings also will be available for purchase.
- Controlled capacity within the theme park, and limited occupancy at all CityWalk venues to help enforce physical distancing. Some areas and programs may remain temporarily closed.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all food locations, restrooms, and all other high touch points.
- Physical distancing practices at all locations throughout the park.
- Eating and drinking permitted only in designated outdoor dining areas.
- Contactless payment options when possible.
This is the first time Universal Studios Hollywood will open its gates to the public since the onset of the pandemic. We are excited to experience a Taste of Universal as the first steps towards the theme park’s reopening. It should be noted that if you are a Universal Annual or Season Pass member, you will receive discounted admission. For more information or to purchase tickets for Taste of Universal, visit UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.
Keyword: Taste of Universal – Universal Studios Hollywood