Join Mims Blog to Research “You’ve Been Boo’d (Free Printables) – A Fun Halloween Tradition”
One of my favorite Halloween traditions is “booing” our neighbors. Have you ever been “booed” before?
Maybe you have no idea what I am talking about. Well, get ready to learn and start this fun Halloween tradition with your family and neighbors.
Here is where you can learn all about this fun Halloween tradition. I’ve made a simple guide and provided you with some FREE printables too!
What Is Booing?
When October comes around, the doorbell will ring. When you got to answer the door, no one is there – a bit spooky, isn’t it? However, you will find a small basket full of treats and goodies. A note will be there, telling you that you have been booed!
Once you are boo’d you must also spread the fun to two other neighbors, we have not yet been booed. You are instructed to hang a Boo sign on your door for the rest of the season to let everyone else in the neighborhood know you have already been booed.
Sounds like fun, right? It is! My kids love doing it every year when Halloween rolls around.
Each year my children decide who they will “boo” during this time of year. Sometimes they choose families in our own neighborhood or friends that live in other communities. We love doing outside communities in hopes they will start the “booing” tradition in their own neighborhood too!
How Does Booing Work?
Here is an easy and simple guide on how you start booing.
- Decide what goodies you will leave behind when you go “booing”. This can be from homemade treats to candies to fun novelty items. Anything you think will be a welcome surprise is something you can put into a basket.
- Print out your “Boo” signs and instructions here. Make two copies of these instructions and the “We’ve Been Booed” sign.
- Prepare two sets of treats full of goodies and treats.
- Then head out with the kids to the two chosen neighbor’s homes. Deliver the treats and photocopied papers to their doors. Ring the doorbell and run away so you aren’t seen.
- Keep it a secret to see if your neighbors can figure out who have boo’d them. It’s all part of the fun!
What Goes Into The Basket?
You can fill your basket with just about anything. Think about the neighbors you are going to boo. Include treats and goodies that the whole family will like. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Halloween pencils
- Halloween note pads
- Glow in the dark items
- Halloween stickers
- Halloween coloring or activity books
- Halloween trinkets
Now it’s time to go out and boo your neighbors! Enjoy a fun and safe Halloween tradition that everyone will love doing each year.
Do you do this fun Halloween tradition every year? Let us know in the comments below!
Keyword: You’ve Been Boo’d (Free Printables) – A Fun Halloween Tradition